DON'T JUST BE GOOD - BE MARVELOUS!

Looking for the latest in cosmetics, fragrance and fashion? Look no further!

Interested in natural ways to enhance your love life, treat pain, find that extra energy and over all wellness? I can help you!

Online parties available so you don't need to be local!
(U.S. residents only!)



Saturday, October 1, 2011

Don't Reinvent The Wheel

I've been struggling  with my Avon business since the beginning.  Oh I get by just fine, the problem is coming up with fresh, creative ideas for sales and recruiting.  I finally had a light bulb moment when I realized I was trying to reinvent the wheel.

Instead of frying brain cells from over activity trying to dream up great ways to market, why not learn and use the things being shared by those who are smashing successes?  Like my Avon idol, Lisa Wilber, #6 in sales in the country and making over $300,000 a year in Avon (she openly shared her tax return when speaking to prove this).  Lisa shares on Facebook,  through her own website, blog and published books,  many fantastic ideas for growing this business.  It supports the "in business FOR yourself but not BY yourself" that Avon teaches us in training.  One of my favorite parts of district sales meetings is the recognition of other reps accomplishments and when they share their tips.  I borrowed one this past week in creating a newsletter to email to my customers.  A way to highlight sales and other things I believe they will want to know!  It also keeps me and Avon in the front  of  their mind.

The funny thing is, when reading what others  have done, or sharing ideas  with other reps, those  things seem to act like fertilizer in the creative part of my brain and next  thing I know I am coming up with new ideas!  Oh not original as I am sure somewhere another rep has already  thought them up but they are new to me and hopefully will be great additions.



Today I used Lisa Wilber's rule, that I am now  applying to my own life.  Everyone I have  contact with gets something from me and my business.  My business card, a brochure, a trial size product...whatever it takes to get my name and what I sell  into their hands.  I've opted to give everyone a brochure in a What's New bag (those clear plastic Avon bags for hanging on doors) along with a mini or trial size of a product or a lip balm or hand cream.  Oh and a flyer about selling Avon.  I also make sure I am wearing my business in the form of my perfume (Imari), jewelry (every one of my 6 rings, my necklace and earrings), and an Avon logo shirt.  No one has to guess with me.  Funny thing is today I had 6 compliments on my ring.  It is the snake ring from Avon, I have the watch as well.  3 people that commented received a brochure with a gift from me, a Naturals Mini Anti-bacterial Hand Gel.  One woman today (my waitress at lunch) asked for a brochure. She noticed my Avon logo shirt and jewelry and requested one.   She was getting one anyway but she didn't know that, her asking just made it easier to hopefully close a sale as we actually interacted and if they ask for one, they are for sure interested.

I am going to the store in a bit, I WILL have brochures with gifts in my purse.

Anyway, don't struggle trying to come up with great ideas.  Use what is tried and proven from others, it is why they share them!  

No comments: