DON'T JUST BE GOOD - BE MARVELOUS!

Looking for the latest in cosmetics, fragrance and fashion? Look no further!

Interested in natural ways to enhance your love life, treat pain, find that extra energy and over all wellness? I can help you!

Online parties available so you don't need to be local!
(U.S. residents only!)



Friday, February 17, 2012

A Day In The Life Of The Avon Lady

What a day this has been!

It actually started last evening. My sister and fellow representative and I were breaking open boxes of campaign 5 brochures to prep them for today. We use address/email/phone number labels and then write the dates on the brochures. Once those are finished, we stick them in plastic bags, roll them up like newspapers and rubber band them. Then we go and toss them in driveways.

She had 300 to distribute, I did 500. This is a lengthy process to prepare them all, we do this while watching TV in the evenings so that we're able to be productive and still catch our favorite shows.

Then we drive and toss. It takes time and some muscle, and frankly dogged determination. Every once in a while we get those emails or phone calls, "stop littering my driveway with yours ads." It always makes me wonder, do they call the "Door Store" and tell them this? I doubt it. Some days it is hard to remember to think like a rhino, grow 2 inch thick skin, and let those types be spit balls on a battle ship. After all, I'm at least WORKING and not receiving a welfare check from these people's and others tax money. Really, if you don't want it, throw it away! Takes thick skin to be in this business some days. But then my idol, Lisa Wilber, says go for the no. So, that is one 'no' out of 800 homes we gave Avon brochures too.

Then we went prospecting. I love being out and about and having someone spy my Avon shirt and button and ask me if I sell Avon and if so could they have a brochure. That one cheerful, sweet person makes up fast for the others. I asked her if she had ever considered selling Avon, and of course she had not. So, she got my other information too.

Our orders for our customers are ready for delivery, and those will be delivered later this evening.

While in between things, I phoned 2 prospects, left messages, and set up on appointment with a recruit, and have one that rescheduled due to illness.

Now I am home, working on getting my newsletter together and added to those orders going out to customers.

In a bit we'll be off to the grocery store to do the shopping. Yes, I will hunt down prospects there too for both customers and recruits.

All in all, I do LOVE this job!

No comments: